Elder Joshua Flake

Elder Joshua Flake

Thursday, March 9, 2017

8.29.16 - Coqueiral, Brazil


Yesterday we Baptized Hana! She is a 17 year old girl. I have loved seeing the progress she has made to come to Christ!

Other than Hana, we have been trying very hard to find new people to teach. We were asking a member to pass us some references and she said that she was scared to do so and then the other day we visited her again and she gave us 32 references

32 REFERENCES PEOPLE

That is a lot of people to go visit and eventually baptize!!

As far as our ward goes, it is very small yet very strong. Plenty of wonderful people for me to describe to ya but it still wouldn't do

How are my companion Elder Omar and I passing the time? SERVING I can't tell you how tired we are here in this area. Unlike São Lourenço da Mata, (my past area) there is no KOMBI which was our primary source of transportation. Here, our legs are having to make due. I have never walked so much in my life I am pretty sure. I think that every area I move to, I have to walk more BUT HOW WONDERFUL IS IT BEING IN THE LORDS SERVICE

I am serious. There is so much opposition. To be frank, the Enemy is making is mark on these people. There is a growing "religion" called macumba which I won't go into much detail to describe because it is satanic. Many many many people are taking part in this gross form of worship and it makes things more difficult. This area that I am in has more than I have seen in any other part of brazil that I have served. But, I am glad to be on the winner's side AM I RIGHT?

So other than this, my companion and I our fighting the urge to be lazy and not use our time (the Lord's time) unwisely. We have lots of other missionaries as well to take care of and our responsibility is quite weighty. But all is well! We are doing so great!

Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment