Elder Joshua Flake

Elder Joshua Flake

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

3.13.17 - Coqueiral, Brazil


Forgive my all caps. There is no exclamation point on this keyboard so I will stuck here confusedly capitalizing my excitement.

I AM GONNA TRAIN. I have never trained a new missionary. I am gonna be a district leader again and I will open up a new area. It will be crazy not having a companion that knows the area. I will have to ask for tons of help from the man upstairs as well as the members.

Other than this exciting news....I also got pretty sick. I said my goodbyes to my last area. I got to meet a ton of great people in the Coqueiral Ward. I lived there in that city for  and a half months. Isn't that crazy??

One thing that I have been learning and even desire to learn more is about our relationship to Jesus Christ. We teach lots of people and I, having sold internet already, could try to convince people of the message. But I know that I am not here to speak the words of a salesman...but of angels.

2 Do ye not remember that I said unto you that after ye had received the Holy Ghost ye could speak with the tongue of angels? And now, how could ye speak with the tongue of angels save it were by the Holy Ghost?

3 Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.

I am able to really teach others by the spirit AS AN ANGEL. I am not super intelligent but I am pretty sure the piercing words of an angel are more powerful than a manipulative salesman. To be able to do this, as the scripture says, I feast myself on the words of Christ. I am able to cite scriptures and personal testimonies of the powerful effects of Christ's atoning sacrifice to others. What a privelage I have in doing so for two years.

I love yall. Prayers out that I will do well opening up this new area with a newbie.



Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment