Elder Joshua Flake

Elder Joshua Flake

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

10.4.16 - Coqueiral, Brazil


So yall, these past couple of weeks have been a blur with just so much work that we are able to perform. Luckily I have gotten into the habit of exercising REALLY hard in the morning so that the rest of the day I have energy.

Energy is exactly how I would define this last week in one word. I have a new companion Elder Frutuoso (Elder Fruity in english) We get along super well and are having miracles happen every day. We are sharing with the members our desire to serve them and encouraging them to talk to their friends.

It was funny because the same exact Book of Mormon that we handed out got returned 3 times. We gave it our best to teach these people and to encourage them that if they sincerely read the book, they would understand and come to know and be familiar with the purpose of Jesus Christ. Super sad that the simple invitation to read and to pray about the book to know if it is true is not always accepted and pride and fear get in the way. Satan does not want anyone near or reading this book because together with the Bible, we really come to understand his enemy, Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father who want us home again. We'll make it home, but we got to read the good books!

Read the book of mormon yall! I invite you because I know what it can do for people that are needing the Love of Christ. (Which is everybody!) My mission here in Brazil is centered around this concept. Just do it and I know the blessings will come!

Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment