Elder Joshua Flake

Elder Joshua Flake

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

3.20.17 - Cajoeiro Seco, Brazil


The subject of this email is the name of my new area! It has been such a roller coaster these past few days trying to open up an area with my new companion.

So as somewhat of a timeline of this week, after being sick and all, I went and slept in Recife....but that ended up being super fun because I hung out with my old companion Elder Frutuoso and some other buds from the mission. Elder Barbella, one of my besties slept his last night there in Recife as well. Man I will miss the dude!!!

The next day we went to President Bigelow's huge and fancy apartment and ate breakfast. I don't know how many of yall heard about my strawberry syrup that I invented but I made some special for our huge group of trainers. I just didn't eat much because I was still pretty sick. President gave us a very inspired training on how to help out the new missionaries in the adjustment process. It was awesome! After going through the Temple, in which I was able to recieve many inspired thoughts, we waited FOREVER for the newbies to get here. Finally I was able to get to meet Elder Coelho (Elder Rabbit in English). He his an enormous braziliian basketball player (brazil does not have lots of bball players.....just soccer) He is a rare breed....but it shall be awesome!!!!

Once we finally got back to our area together, the elders in the neighboring area showed us around. IT HAS BEEN SO HECTIC. We went around super lost trying to get to know the members. We have been pretty stressed trying to adjust to this place. It is so much easier when one of us has spent some time in the area but instead we are here getting lost every day hahaha. It has been great though. We have been challenging the members to talk with their friends about the church and to organize activities. I will be teaching English this Thursday. The members like us a lot. I think they are happy to have missionaries again.

Other than this super hectic stuff, we have had some miracles and some funny moments. We are living in a house of 4 elders. How crazy!! We have to time eachother at night because there is only one shower...We will baptize this week a girl that was previously taught. She told the elders before that she wanted to hold off her baptism but we came and told her how important it was. After a super powerful lesson with her she told us yesterday that she wants to be baptized. Her name is Vitoria

I love my mission. I wouldn't trade the moments that I have here for anything else. I have felt so close to the Savior and I really feel that as I study my scriptures and offer heartfelt prayers to him. We have been guided to teach many new people here that have been prepared for our coming. I know that this is the Lord's work!!

have a great week!!!

Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment