Elder Joshua Flake

Elder Joshua Flake

Monday, March 28, 2016

3.28.15 - Camaragibe, Brazil

So I would like to say that this week has been one that was extremely eventful. To sum things up...my mission was changed for the better this week. 

I would like to talk a tad about a challenge that I did. I read the Book of Mormon cover to cover for the second time on the mission and let me tell you how that went....

1 My testimony of the Restored Gospel grew. I know that we have a living prophet today. Thomas S. Monson

2 I received many many insights that I wrote in my study journal. 

3 In the last chapter of the book, there is a verse that invites us to pray to know if it is true. Why? Well in Matthew 7, in the Bible, we learn that a good tree give forth good fruit. And a bad tree?? Bad fruit!! With this, we learn how to discern whether or not a person claiming to be a prophet is in actuality a prophet of God. So Joseph Smith, a prophet? Well I read the fruit....the book...that he translated. I prayed to know if it was true. I know that this fruit....The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ is True. I know Joseph Smith, through the power of God, established the original church of Jesus Christ newly upon the earth.The world needs this book because everyone needs this church. For this I have been blessed the way I have been throughout my life.


SO can I please make a challenge to those at home that I love and care about that aren't members of this church!?!

Please read the book. Even if it is just one chapter. Moroni 10, the last chapter...

and then say a prayer about it!

Find out for yourself your potential and how you really play a part in the Eternal Plan of God. 

I wanna hear back from yall that accept the challenge.


Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment