Elder Joshua Flake

Elder Joshua Flake

Friday, March 25, 2016

12.7.15 - Jardim Atlantico, Brazil

So yeah I don't have a lot of time left to write but I wanna mention a couple of things here for yall!

First thing. I got to baptize Roberto...an 18 year old boy who is fantastic! It is so amazing to see the changes that people make to prepare themselves and follow Christ. He came to church this Sunday with a white shirt which is great. He is showing his respect for the sacred things we do like the Sacramant. And we never asked him to wear his Sunday best which is amazing!!

It is pretty hot here. The most wintery moment I had here was the other day when I chucked a huge chunk of ice that was stuck in our freezer out the window. (pretty cool to see the explosion!!)

Anyways, as far as the work goes. We are in the streets talking to people a lot, but mostly inside of peoples homes teaching. We spent some time talking about Christmas with these people and it is pretty sad that they don't understand the meaning of Christmas. A good portion don't even recognize it except to drink lots of alcohol. 

My area is great. We have more people that want to be baptized and as far as my portguese goes....quite a bit better hahaha. It is really hard at times, but I shared my testimony in church and also shared a lesson during a family activity with lots of people. Everyone keeps saying that I surprise them with how fast I am learning (I myself am surprised) BUT I KNOW THAT IT IS NOT ME ALONE. Heavenly Father is blessing me so much. I can feel his power as I study and learn. He is powerful, not me. 

Anyways this is myweek in a nutshell. I got attacked my a pigeon in my sleep which was terrible. It flew into our tiny room and Elder Chelemberg and I woke up screaming like tiny girls


Love yall
Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment