Elder Joshua Flake

Elder Joshua Flake

Friday, March 25, 2016

2.1.16 - Jardim Atlantico, Brazil

Aloha familia and my friends. It is Elder Flake. This has been a really great week and yes...I am terrible at sending this big email. Actually I apologize that I wont respond to your individual emails until later in the day. We have some things to take care of (specifically sightseeing in Olinda)
But this week has been hectic. We had to close and leave our assigned area for a day because of carnaval....a holiday that lasts a week and is insane. Carnaval is basically a week before easter to commit all the sin possible until easter. So yeah...it is pretty insane! Much sin and iniquities.
But I whipped up a quick voice recording. Did not have a lot of time to do much but yes.
Being on a mission is the greatest thing I have ever done. I have never been so happy. I am so excited for these people that I have been blessed to teach! My conviction has grown so much as well. YES I study a lot....it kind of is a commandment of God to study the word....but whilst all the word is in my head....I cannot share it effectively without the holy spirit. Its enough to teach the people about the Word but how great it is to be able to tell these people that the Word is true! And that they....each and everyone in the world....has the ability to first study a little and then pray and ponder on the words of Christ.
The greatest feeling has to be when I look in the face of an investigator and tell them that Christ died for them and we can know about this sacrifice through the words of prophets of old...but also of a living prophet today Thomas S. Monson. It is neat to see the changes that are wrought by this gospel as they truly apply this sacrifice of Christ in their lives.
So yes..I did not give much of an update on my well being and other things not relating to the Gospel but just know that I am healthy...the ankle is improving...and also life is just fantastic. I talk more about these kinds of things in my recording but yes...tchau tchau família! Até logo!
Elder Flake 

No comments:

Post a Comment