Elder Joshua Flake

Elder Joshua Flake

Friday, March 25, 2016

11.30.15 - Jardim Atlantico, Brazil

So everybody like to hear the bad news first so I will go ahead and say I have been very sick this week with some virus I have never had before! But on the brightside, maybe my immune system is stronger now haha!

Serously though, I am loving this area! We have many people getting baptized on this saturday which is great! Two of them are boys under 19 so maybe be just will get to baptize two future missionaries! hahaha I love them and everyone in my area!

Speaking of which, I had a powerful spritual moment on a big hill this week! It is kind of ironic because many of the times in the scriptures, the Lord's annointed recieve revelation in the mountains (Mount Sinai, Mount of Transfiguration, Brother of Jared and the stones, Nephi, Jesus and the mount of Olives.....the list continues)

Anyways, we had gotten turned down by someone we have been teaching for a while which was a bummer because I not only loved her and her family but I could feel the love our Savior had for her! So with our shoulders sliightly slumped and trudging to our next appointment, we looked over the edge of the hill at our very vast area of Jardim Atlantico. And I will say that for the first time my entire mission I felt the weight of what I am doing here. I am Elder Flake. I have one companion, Elder Chelemberg. We have been called of God to bring his word unto his people that they might have everlasting life. I am very incapable, and not only in just the language, but I know that God will provide a way for me to teach these things unto his people. 

I also had quite a bit of reflection time this week as I laid in bed in our apartment for two days. I was pretty sick (and still am haha)

Whelp Happy Holidays people! Be grateful for everything ya got!!!

Love Elder Flakey

No comments:

Post a Comment