Elder Joshua Flake

Elder Joshua Flake

Monday, July 3, 2017

7.3.17 - Cajoeiro Seco, Brazil

Wow how it has been so long since I sent a letter to everyone! These past couple of weeks have been quite crazy!!! I don't even know where to start! 

I have been filled with the nostalgia of the fruits of my mission. I was able to see Panta...a grand friend of mine who I was able to baptize when I served in São Lourenço. I went to his city to take money out of the bank and I snuck over to his house and when I clapped at his door, he looked at me and said NÃO ACREDITO. Which in other words is I DON'T BELIEVE IT! It was so great. He is doing so well and has a calling in the elders quorum. He will be a great leader in the church for sure!

Other than seeing him, I was also able to see some friends in my last area, Coqueiral. I miss that place so much and fell in love with the ward! 

Haha between that last paragraph and now the power went out. hahaha That defines my life lately. The power has been on and off lately!

I am happy though with my progress in the mission. I know that the Lord has a plan for each and every one of us. Sometimes we try to do things our own way and we find out that it doesn't get much better. I have learned that if we rely on the Lord, we will always have the best results! After all, the Savior said:

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

so what does this mean? He says that he gave us the Spirit known as the comfortor to guide us. He says that he left us with his peace but "not as the world giveth" To me, I know that the world does not provide the peace and happiness necessary in life. We also cannot provide this peace for ourselves. Some of you may be burdened with the hardships of life, some of you may have issues that nobody understands, but I know that the Lord knows and loves us to the point that he left us with the most simple yet powerful gift. Peace. It depends on us if we are going to accept it or not. I know Christ lives and loves us! I know this Church is His! I love yall and hope for the best for each and every one of you!

Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment