Elder Joshua Flake

Elder Joshua Flake

Monday, July 3, 2017

5.15.17 - Cajoeiro Seco, Brazil

It was such a great experience talking to my family yesterday! I love them so much! Only two times a year for skype is so little, but it was awesome! I think they took a good scare when I showed them some slang words in portuguese. OXENTE (which means OH GOODNESS) sounds like I am saying a bad word and the look on everyone's face was priceless. It was a great conversation and I loved getting to meet my mother's soon to be husband Steve!

This week was pretty awesome! We were teaching some elect youth that I mentioned last week when a girl, Beatriz walked up the stairs of the house into the living room where we were at saying "What do I need to do to get baptized into this church?" HAHA I thought it was so funny because we just heard her in the stairwell saying this and she hadn't even seen us yet! She will be baptized shortly! We taught her with her friends and she teared up in joy when we explained the Plan of Salvation in which none of God's children would be lost.

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

(John 17:12 see also John 6:39) We explained how through the Savior, we would one day be together with our family again, as long as we hold fast to the truths of His Gospel. 

I know that this church is true and that through the teachings of Christ taught here, we can one day return to our father's prescence. We had some good strong investigators at church and I know that this Gospel blesses lives and is starting to bless their's. 

Learn more and have a happy mother's day!!!

mormon.org

Love,

Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment