Elder Joshua Flake

Elder Joshua Flake

Monday, July 3, 2017

4.17.17 - Cajoeiro Seco, Brazil

So we baptized Amarilho this week! It was great being able to help him enter the waters of repentance to be able to really follow Christ's example.

This week we had quite a bit of rain. A huge Caja tree fell and landed on the roof of a woman's house from the ward. We had a great time cleaning things up! Also Caja is a super delicious fruit that they have here in the northeastern part of Brazil. Also, there was no saw so we were all beating on the tree with a knife...seeing as there was no axe as well haha! It was great!

Other than that, there was quite a bit of flooding. We tried to have some good activities at the church! Luckily our integration night had tons of visitors! I got pied in the face hahaha! Our english class got cancelled unfortunately. 

But this sunday was great! My companion and I both gave talks in the meeting and lots of people gave us references of people to serve and visit! ZION IS GROWING FOLKS. 

I LOVE MY MISSION!! I am so grateful for the inspiration that I have been able to recieve as I serve those that I love. My capacity to empathize and love others has grown and I feel every day more like our Savior Jesus Christ. I will never replicate Him, but I can at least try to imitate Him. I love teaching about His sacrifice that makes us whole in heart and spirit. 

Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment