Elder Joshua Flake

Elder Joshua Flake

Saturday, June 11, 2016

5.30.16 - São Lorenço, Brazil


The work here is going great. We marked the baptism of a few people and also we were able to baptize Cliton yesterday!! I have talked much in the past emails about baptism and its significance, so I won't rexplain, but just know how much of a sacred and important decision it is to be baptized in the Lord's church!

I am also teaching an English class at the church on saturday nights. It is going really well and it is a great way to find more people to teach the gospel. We have been able to get two new people to teach so far and many more are to come. It is for sure fantastic!!!

I am also feeling a whole lot better. I had two swollen lymph nodes on my neck the other week but they are gone and I am one healthy guy!! I mean, I still get super tired sometimes as this work is not a walk in the park (it is a walk through many parks and streets and for 10 hours everyday) Yesterday I was so tired, that I fell asleep while we were walking to a member's home. It was pretty hysterical. Sometimes I fall asleep when I pray at night and wake up hours later with some pretty sore knees

As far as my studies and my testimony of this Gospel goes.....I am reading Jesus the Christ, and my understanding of my New Testament studies have been pretty enhanced.

I hope this memorial day goes well for everyone!!

Elder Flake
Made some pancakes. It has been like a year since I have eaten a pancake. I am borrowing this maple extract from another elder because they don't have any down here sadly

No comments:

Post a Comment