Elder Joshua Flake

Elder Joshua Flake

Friday, May 13, 2016

4.18.15- Camaragibe, Brazil


The subject title is the name of my area....são Lorenço. But with a little wordplay, I added an I to make it say Zion Lorenço. This place is literally zion. The members are incredible, and the people we are teaching are finding happiness!

As far as this week goes....let my give you the detes....

My companion just went home a couple of hours ago. I got appointed District leader here in Camaragibe. My companion arrived last december and fought Brazillian Jujitsu. We sang in a choir for the church and got put on the state news with all the politians and stuff. The purpose was to show the good the LDS church is doing in Brazil. So yeah...pretty amazing stuff!! We also had some training by our mission president. I really love him! He taught us so much on how we can better our teaching skills and gain trust of people. I learned more how to rely on the spirit in my teaching.

I also spoke on sunday about the importance of listening to the spirit. It is so easy for us to trust ourselves in finding the words of comfort for people but really it is so much easier to listen to the words of the Comfortor himself!! The holy spirit!!

Well I am incredibly overwhelmed because of this leadership position in my area and also among other areas. I am praying for the Lord's help for sure!

Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment