Elder Joshua Flake

Elder Joshua Flake

Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 9 - Miami, Arizona: Hello!

So I don't have a whole lot of time so this will be immensely short!

There were two baptisms on Saturday night which was tremendous. It is truly amazing to see the progress of people and how they make steps to come closer to Christ! I am so amazed by all the progress people are making here! And my companions and I are just instruments in the Lord's mighty hand, but we know that he is guiding us to people that are ready to hear our message!

Other than that, I was able to see quite another hilarious thing. Anyone remember the picture of the guy I sent my first week here that was playing with a toy bus in the parking lot? Well I saw him again but this time he upgraded to a larger red truck...pictures will soon follow! It was one of the funniest experiences of my life!

We drove to Kerney and along the way, we saw Saguaro Cacti everywhere! I mean these things are huge and only in Arizona

Also, one of the people we have been working on asked me to baptize him which is a huge honor! I don't know if I will be here or in Brazil, but we'll see. I still have no idea about my visa!

I also get the opportunity to teach little children. I love kiddos! 

Also, I do a lot of pull-ups. I am doing this thing that every time I walk in and out of my study room, I do 5 pull ups...BOTH WAYS. My arms are getting tired and it is motivating me to not gain too much poundage.I am practicing for a mission-wide 5K coming up soon. 

The sunsets here are astounding and the people are great! Heavenly Father loves His Children and this is evidenced by this gospel we have! I mean, this is truly amazing! I love seeing how much people change. Jesus Christ is our perfect example!

I love you all! Keep Christ in your thoughts and study His words daily!

Love Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment